A Bird



Cracking open the shell was quite a job for me 

Pecking at it hard enough just the wide world to see

And when the first ray of light hits out like a beam 
I head out and step into the cosy nest easy it may seem

Being fed by my mother when I was young and weak
The mere wings and soft feathers were my home to speak 

All was so hazy and lazy so don't quite remember it
As I grew I could feel my wings raring to go bit by bit

My mother egging me forward from the cliff to make the jump
The first flight wobbly, scary, fairy and dreary with many a bump

Looking down from the sky above Oh! it was really scary
The wind under my wings pushing me ahead fun yet weary

Time ran exploring the blue skies and chirping away
Soon I had to leave my home for shelter night and day

It was quite a task to find my lovely little soul mate
But equal a joy it was when she and me went on a date

Even those days slipped by and fast it was soon
That I didn't  notice how I had lived by many a moon

There were dangers all around to fight tooth and nail
Yet it was the part of the life I had in rain and in hail

Building my little nest with my mate on a solid and firm a tree
And finally sitting in it and looking everywhere made me feel so free

Then came my tiny kids, a joy to behold their chirpy faces
To scavenge for their feed search and run a million races

How soon they grew up too, leaving me alone
Sad it was for me with even my dear lady gone

Now when I am grown so weary again and tired
Resting my used up wings all I do is think what conspired

In the distance I see the reddish sun going down
And it takes me down too, but with a smile and not a frown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Always correct

Ending your life?

5 ways to Simplicity